Sunday, December 16, 2012

Review Response - Natacha

In my opinion, I think this book review by William Boyd is very well written. He explains the history of child soldiers in all different parts of Africa. He also talks about the book in a very detailed manner without spoiling it for readers who have yet to read it.
I like how Boyd explained the different types of drugs and guns such as "brown brown", a mix of cocaine and gun powder. By making his review really descriptive I think it gets people really interested and makes them want to know more about Ishmael's journey . I also enjoyed how he makes Ishmael sound like an innocent child and doesn't accuse him of being a killer, certain cridicts wouldn't necessarily make him sound innocent.
In the end I really enjoyed this review and they is nothing I disagree with. William Boyd definetly covered everything from the history of the war to  after when Ishmael moved to the U.S.A. I wouldn't change anything about this review.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. I found that William had many of the same thoughts that I did. I liked how he didn't think of Ishmael as a born killer, but he cut him some slack on how it wasn't really his fault at all, unlike other critics might have. I think that many people are afraid of the idea, so they think that the boys are monsters, when really, they're just confused. - Liam

    ReplyDelete